We have been receiving lots of mails from our readers having problems with theon their system mostly because of virus activity.
Whenever they open Run and type regedit and press enter a message prompt appears saying “Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator“.
Let’s see how can we fix it.
There are two ways through which you canin windows XP
You can use a simple UnHookExec.inf to enable registry editing.
1. Download UnHookExec.inf
2. Right click on the downloaded file and select install.
For enabling you can also use theby Sergiwa.com, if the method 1 doesn’t work for you.
1. First Download Remove Restrictions Tool [This is link to old freeware version of this tool, has been made paid. You can opt to buy it if you want to from this link. ]
2. Run and check the registry tools and click.
if the above two methods does not work for you , you can also try executing a small vbscript which I found on major geeks.
1. First Download EnableRegEdit.vbs
2. Double click on the downloaded file to enable registry editing.
We hope at least one of the above will help to fix the trouble.